Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Fourth!!!

On the morning of the 4th I left Ian and Pete at home and took my two little girls to the Idaho Falls Parade. It was fun...but a little long. We got to see a lot of cheer leaders, which was the favorite and a lot of hot and tired people. We sat at the very end of the route so by the time the parade got to us all the people in the parade were exhausted.

For dinner I invited all of my family and all of Pete's family. My oldest Brother, Brad, and his family were up visiting my parents so they all drove down to IF for the festivities. My Brother, Scott and his family came...plus Pete's Mom and his Brother Ryan and his clan. So in total we had 26 people in my back yard...that's including all the babies too.
We grilled hot dogs and hamburgers...everybody brought something to share...baked beans, cabbage noodle salad, fruit plates, ice cream pies, and orange chocolate cake....need I say more. Yummo!

After most of the guest left to attend their own firework plans, a few of us stayed around to light our own. I always like the fourth of July. It always involves family and fun. These holidays make me appreciate our move back to Idaho.
Thank you for everyone who came.

p.s. as soon as Sue gets back from Hawaii I will post that Cake recipe.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Sounds like you had a good time. Wish we were there!

Leslie said...

What, no rodeo? :) Sounds like a fun holiday.

Laura Call said...

Sounds like a great time with family! I know what you mean... when there's a big family gathering, or even a little one, for something fun or aholiday, it makes me think of what it would be like if I didn't have all this family around. I'm glad you're enjoying being around your family again!