Friday, July 18, 2008

Girls Camp

Last night I had the opportunity to drive up to Camp Cumorah for Ward Night at Girls Camp. It was a beautiful area with all of the camps on different levels on a hill.
The spirit is always so strong at Girls Camp.
The girls love each other so much and have so much fun.
We had a nice fried chicken dinner...brought up by the bishop...and then had a testimony meeting. I was so excited to hear how much the girls love the church.
It was a beautiful evening. And I was very lucky to go.

2 comments:

The Freed Family said...

Mitch loves Camp Cumorah. He takes the kids on Sunday drives there and then they hike around. He has cross-country skiied in with his scouts in the winter and camped. He helped build the stairs on the lodge. Finally, about 3 weeks ago I went on one of their Sunday drives with them and checked the new place out. (You never saw it before.) It is very nice how they have fixed it up. Our ward just got a new young womens presidency this last week.

Kara said...

Teenage girls make me nervous for some reason. However, I have always loved testimony meeting at camp because the girls seem so genuinely touched by the spirit. Why are they typically so mean to each other during the rest of camp or basically in general?