Saturday morning My mom-in-law, Sue, and I packed up the three kiddies and started our trip to Salt Lake City. We planned our take off around lunch at a burger joint in Brigham City, UT. It's an old drive up place that my family has been stopping at for years, Maddox's. It's pretty good. They have great burgers and fries...and wonderful Fry-Sauce!! (for those of you who are not from around these parts...fry sauce is a dip for your Fries. I think is just an UT and ID thing.)
After our lunch we drove into SLC to visit my lovely Grandma Leak, Aunt Margaret, and my cousin Jordi. It was so great to see them again. When Pete and I were just us, we lived down the street from these three and had a many a meal with them. 7 years and three kids later it was fun to catch up.
We visited temple square and all the fun visitor centers. We even got to see the "big toe!" When Morgan was two we took the girls to see the Christus. Morgan's first words out of her mouth when we walked up the long ramp to see Jesus, was "Big Toe!"
Every thing was beautiful and lovely. I really like SLC. I would live there in a second.
After Temple Square we HAD to visit Build-A-Bear Workshop. That is why, according to Kylie, we were even on this trip in the first place. The girls each got a cute friend to take home. I wish they had those when I was little. I would have loved to own all the clothes and accessories.
Next was dinner at McGrath's Fish House, one of my favorites....I was too full for any bread pudding...but my crab cakes were really tasty!
After riding the Trax back to our hotel, we ended the night with a swim at the hotel. The kids were great. I couldn't believe how nice Ian was. He just rode in his stroller and made no complaints.
The next day we got to visit my sister Kara, and her new house in Holladay, UT, then my friend Leslie and her family in Pleasant Grove, UT. Between the two visits we killed time by driving through Provo and seeing all the old places Pete and I use to work, live, and go to school. I showed Kylie were Pete proposed, and where we lived before she was born.
Over all this trip was very successful. I would do it again tomorrow. I don't think I would have been able to do it without Sue. She was a trooper and a huge help. I just felt bad she had to share a bed with Kylie the wiggle-wort!!
3 comments:
I'm so glad you guys stopped. I with we could have chatted longer (what were the chances of you coming here and me going there the same weekend?) Anyway, it was fun to see you and the girls (and Ian).
That first picture is darling!
Sounds like fun! If you are down this way again and have time we need to be sure and plan a day at the park or something with Leslie and Kim so all our kids can meet.
Post a Comment