Saturday, August 23, 2008

Those Darn Raccoons

I have mentioned before that my Dad is sharing the profits from his garden this summer ...if I help...but he's really not letting me. My mom will call and say, "Your Dad picked the green beans, do you want some?" Or, "The Raccoons are eating the corn. Your Dad picked you 3 big bags worth...do you want some?"
Thanks Dad!
I have to admit that after shucking the corn, cutting the corn off the cob, blanching the corn, and then letting it cool before putting it in freezer bags...IT TAKES FOREVER!. I guess it makes me appreciate each bite when we are eating it later in the year.


3 comments:

The Freed Family said...

I wish my corn was done.....I will be doing it in the next 2 weeks.

Kara said...

I'm very jealous.

Laura Call said...

That looks like a lot of work! Looks super good to have on hand though! We get racoons too. There have been 2 really big ones that keeping visiting our backyard at night to drink water from our little kiddie pool and they tore up our slip n' slide drinking the leftover water that was on it one night. We since have not been leaving out anything with water in it in hopes they won't keep coming back and ruining stuff. They sure are cute though!