Friday, August 1, 2008

Bed Time

What do I do. Ever since the "hobo" incident Kylie won't go to bed without crying. She says its about an upset stomach or bad dreams...but this is NOT normal.
The last four nights she has come up stairs crying and either stays up a little bit with me or I go down and sit with her for a little bit.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cure this!!! Help!!!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I try to distract them by asking them to think about something fun they would like to do the next day. (Go to the park, have a friend over, have a picnic, ect) Then ask them to think about who they want to have over and what they want to do together and tell you in the morning. This usually helps get their minds on other things!

Anonymous said...

night light, door open, hall light on, Morgan in the same room? Good luck! I guess we should always remember what we are talking about and who we are talking in front of! I still am learning that lesson! J

Anonymous said...

here is a P.S. We also have given them headphones so they could listen to primary music or a story or something until they fell asleep. That worked often. J

Melissa said...

Zoe has had times when she had problems going to bed or going to school (even in the middle of the year). Sometimes I think there are things adding to her stress that might not be obvious. Like starting school, growing up, etc. That is just my experience.
We have also tried the primary music. I have also put a picture of the family and a picture of Christ right next to her bed to look at.
Good Luck!