Saturday, May 31, 2008

Quote of the Day and another Book Review

What you are is God's gift to you.
What you make of yourself is your gift to God.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I finished Z for Zacharia last night. I read this book when I was younger...I can't remember what grade, but I know it was before High School. I liked it then and I liked again. It was an amazing story of a girl thinking she was the last person on the earth after bombs causing the earth to die...everything from the land to living creatures...all dead. She was in a secluded valley that seemed to have avoided the radiation that had killed everything. Her parents had gone out to see who else was alive and they never returned...leaving her to fend for herself, which she did. Then a scientist in a radiation suit finds her and it's the story of how they manage to co-exist. I had forgotten the ending so it was fun to read again.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE your blog. You are too cute. Thanks for leaving me a message so that I could find you too! I miss your mom too. She is so amazing!

Leslie said...

I have been wanting to read girl with a pearl earring for a while, so I will be interested to read your review.