
For those of you who can't open my Christmas Letter...I am posting it on my blog. Enjoy!!
Pete and I wanted to let all of you know how blessed we are this Holiday Season with health and happiness. We have enjoyed our first year in Idaho and hope to enjoy many, many more.
Pete continues to work at Showcase Interiors up in Rexburg. But I think he has found his true calling…he loves to mess with his computer. This past month he decided to buy the parts and build his own. I have to say I was a little worried. But it works! (if only my printer did!)
I am a busy busy woman. Being a mother will always come first, but after that comes my other two jobs. For a few hours during the afternoon I work at a local Charter School as a Teacher’s Aide. I LOVE IT. It has really made me think twice about “what I want to be when I grow up”. Someday I will go back and finish my degree and teach. I love being around the kids. They’re great.
After my school job I rush home to do homework and piano practice with Kylie, pick up the house, and make dinner. Then as soon as Pete comes home I rush off to work at JC Penney’s. I have been working in the kids department just a few nights a week. I have to say that it’s not that bad. Because of the holiday season the store hours are late, but I do fine…until I have to get up the next morning!
Kylie is growing up!! Our little seven year-old is such a sweet girl. She is my biggest helper and loves doing things for me…as long as she is rewarded! This past month her Grandma Bond volunteered to teach her how to play the piano. I can see how proud she is of herself when she sits down to play “Merrily We Ride Along” with out any music. She is enjoying 2nd Grade. And can’t wait for the summer when she can be baptized like her friends.
Then there’s Morgan. She’s the life of the party. This past year she took some scissors to her curly locks and cut it down to the skin. Luckily she had a square pony tail on the top of her head, which saved her life!!! When the pony tail was taken out it covered all of the mess she had made. Our little girl got her first bob haircut. She looks adorable. Now that it has all grown back, I think I’ll keep it short. She looks so cute.
Morgan has been enjoying preschool. She can write her name, say the days of the week, and loves to color and paint. We love her very much and can’t help but smile when you look at her cute cheeks!
And finally we have Ian. Ian has changed the most this year. Last Christmas he was crawling…now he’s running, jumping, climbing, diving, and trying very hard to talk. He says a few words like, Mamma, Ball, HoHoHo, poop, beep beep, and other words that I’m sure he can understand but we haven’t caught on yet. I have a “terrible two” in the making. I think he’s starting early. Ian loves to be the star of the show. He likes to make us laugh. He loves to play tag with his sisters, and loves to snuggle with Mom and Dad.
As you can see we are very very blessed. It has been so much fun living by Grandma Sue, Grandma and Grandpa Bond, and all of the other family members. We appreciate all the babysitting, dinners, and love that everyone has given us.
We hope that you too are happy and know you are blessed this Holiday Season.
With Love,
Pete,
Kristen,
Kylie,
Morgan,
& Ian
1 comment:
Cute family letter. Thanks for posting it. That was a good idea. Your kids are all growing up and they look so beautiful. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment