Sunday, January 17, 2010

what did you eat for dinner?

Today's Sunday Dinner menu:
BBQ Shredded Chicken Sandwich
Tater Totts
with Island Cookies as dessert.

Yummy!


BBQ Shredded Chicken

Ingredients:
Chicken breasts
Half bottle BBQ sauce
Half bottle italian dressing
Cook in crockpot until tender
shred
let sit in sauce for a bit.
Serve on yummy buns.

Island Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 lg. egg
  • 1 3/4 cup (11.5 oz pkg) nestle chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet_
  • 1 cup flaked coconut
  • 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions
  1. preheat oven to 375 degree's
  2. combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
  3. beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in a lg. bowl until creamy. beat in egg.
  4. gradually beat in flour mixture.
  5. stir in chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts. (if you want toasted coconut: spread on cookie sheet and cook for 5 - 10 min at 350.)
  6. drop by slightly rounded tbsp onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  7. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
  8. cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes and then can move to wire racks to cool completely.

Kristen

3 comments:

The Freed Family said...

That bbq stuff looks yummy and easy....and I love using the crockpot! I will definitely try it. We had turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, raspberry jello, and beets. For dessert I tried making blueberry pastries from the "Get off your butt and bake" blog....they weren't the best. I think I need to plan my Sunday meals with more singleness of heart!

Leslie said...

mmmm, that looks a lot better than what we ate for dinner last night (pancakes and eggs). I make a similar BBQ chicken that follows the same recipe, but instead of italian dressing, I use one can of coke!

Emily said...

We had sesame chicken and rice (thanks to the dinner exchange) with broccoli, cole slaw and lemon cake for dessert. It was way yummy. I'll have to try your BBQ recipe. It sounds super yummy.