I need someone to explain this whole new world of scrapbooking to me.
I have about 4 to 5 years worth of pictures sitting on my computer. I need to do something with them.
I have done some googling and found some free websites, but now what do I do. I am guessing that I need to down-load photoshop or something.
What happens after I do a page? Do you have walmart or walgreens print it out? Do you keep them on your computer?
I heard that Jana and Brook do this digital-scrapbooking-fandangled-thing-a-bob...so if you two read this...maybe we can get together so I can see what it is that you have done.
Thanks
Sincerely
Digitally Confused
6 comments:
Okay....I really wouldn't be a great teacher....but feel free to ask me. :) Yes, last February I got into digital scrapbooking. At first I downloaded a free 30 day trial of photoshop elements. I did like 45 pages in that 30 days. It was fun and easy and no mess and no running to the store for supplies! Then my trial ended. A couple of months later in May my sister had a digital creative memories party and I ended up buying their software. It is a great program. I have done over 100 pages now. I got myself all caught up to August of 09. Then I got busy with holidays and stuff so I haven't used it for a few months, but I need to. Finally in Novemeber, I printed all of my pages cause there was a 1/2 off sale----12x12's were 99 cents a page. I ordered them from Scrapbooks Please. There are no places locally that print 12x12. I thought the quality was pretty good. I have ordered from them twice. There was an electronic book online that I read that kind of taught me how to digital scrapbook and run photoshop elements.....but I'll have to try and find it. Call me or come see my pages if you want.
I know about a couple that involve making books - if that's what you are interested in. I have heard a lot of good things about a website called Blurb. You basically turn your blog into a book. If you want to look at one, my friend (link on my blog) Rachel Haymond just did a post about hers. I was pretty impressed. She also talks about the cost. Sounded quite reasonable. My Mom is way into Heritage Makers, which is really fancy and pricey, but it's the best quality out there. You can be as creative as you want. I have done a few projects through Heritage Makers, and they are neat, but you have to save up for one of those. You can get a free account, however, and try it out all you want to see what you think. Those are the two I am familiar with. I am just grateful for digital scrapbooking, because I ran out of time to do it any other way a LONG time ago! Good luck and have fun! :)
PS If you do decide to try out Heritage Makers, let me know. I can have my Mom set you up with a free account.
Kristen,
I am way addicted. I have Photoshop Elements which I highly recommend. I tried a couple of other programs and I hated them. I taught myself through tutorials when I was on bed rest. But I have it figured out now, so I would love to help if you need it. On my blog I have links to a whole bunch of other blogs that have freebies. I have never paid for one kit. I get all of mine free from those downloads. I do all of my pages and then I print them in the hardbound books so I don't have binders and page protectors. I think they look really nice and they are really reasonably priced. I get mine through artscow.com. I watch for coupon codes and I usually pay around $20-$30 at the most for 60-80 page books.
Once you start digital, you won't want to do the other again. It is super fun and very addicting. Call me and I can give you some pointers or we can even get together for a crash course.
Brook
It's basically like what you've done with your blog background.
I'd recommend Photoshop Elements. I think they're up to version 7 now but an earlier one would be okay too. (6 had an odd quirk that I've heard a lot of complaints about.) It's a very widely used program and it's easy to find tutorials online.
I can make you a coupon to any of my stuff free (digi products at ndisb.com), if you'd like to try it out.
Sorry...I'm old school.
I just made the jump to digital in Jan, but still really like my old non digital too. I just love all the cute stuff. I got a free program through Stampin UP and have liked it. But I have also heard amazing things about photo shop elements. So I've gone to a lot of the free websites and things out there and my question is are they compatible with each other and photo shop or other programs? Good luck, I'm still learning too.
Post a Comment