Sunday, December 27, 2009

Trying new Recipes

For Christmas I received Pioneer Woman's Cookbook. It's really fun to look at.
Instead of just drooling over the pages, I thought I should try some recipes...and share what I tried with you.

Tonight I made Tomato Soup. It is officially called Sherried Tomato Soup, but I just left out the sherry.
It was fun to make. I like making new things. I ended up putting some of the bigger tomato chunks into the food processor to make it more kid friendly. But over all it was tasty.
I would give it an 8 on a scale from 1 to 10. (not as good as my Grandma Leak's homemade tomato soup!) I am sure someone with more soup experience could make it turn out better than me.
I made some of my sister Julie's yummy garlic bread to go along with it.

And for dessert I made Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Sheet cake...with vanilla ice cream. (I am filling this last week of 2009 with as much fatty food as possible...because in 2010 I am going to TRY and cook healthier)I had a super helper. Morgan likes to chop nuts. She does a good job with my biscuit cutter. Unfortunately I forgot to tell her NOT to put it in the cake batter...it was supposed to go into the frosting. It was fine. It was even yummy. But it was a little different than what the recipe called for.

Kristen

No comments: