2003 Highlight of the year...
In March of 2003 Pete and I took a huge chance and moved all the way up to Washington. We started in Puyallup, but ended up buying a home in Tacoma.

Washington was a bitter-sweet experience.
When I was a little girl I used to visit Tacoma every summer. My sister Julie and her family lived there. It was such a beautiful place with it's mountains and water. I knew that I wanted to live there too some day.
After Pete graduated from College he had the opportunity to move there for a job. We took it.
I loved it. The trees are gorgeous. I loved living close to the rocky beaches and water. Yes it was gray and yes it was dreary. But the rain made it so green. And there was always somewhere to go, and something to do.
The part that I had a hard time with was being alone. After a year or longer, my sister Julie and her family had moved to Colorado, which left us to fend for ourselves...socially. We had a wonderful ward. They became my family. I made some life long friends....(you know who you are!) but I missed my family. It was hard only seeing them once a year.
So I begged Pete to think about moving to Idaho. He agreed. He gave up a very good job and we were fortunate to sell our house quickly.
Idaho here we come.
It has been a very hard adjustment. Idaho hasn't been very nice to us. Trials make you grow...Right? If so, we must be huge by now!
I love my family. I love living by them...but is it possible to be home sick for WA? I miss it.
Kristen
3 comments:
Washington is beautiful. Glad you took me there when we were young...but I'm glad you are in Idaho now so we get to see each other more often!
You better miss us, because we miss you guys!!!! Life brings so many opportunities, I am glad your life brought you into mine, friend.
Someday I hope to visit Seattle.
Post a Comment