Friday, April 25, 2008

Preschool, Legos, and Homework

PRESCHOOL
A typical day for me lately has included a new trip to Preschool. When I was in High School our Child Development Class offered a few weeks of preschool for some local kids. Currently, Morgan has been participating in the same type of program here in Idaho Falls. Each day our neighbor picks up Morgan and takes her, along with her own little girl Maddie, to IF High School. An hour later I get to make the 15 minute drive and pick them up. Morgan has had a lot of fun. She thinks the teachers (high school students) are great...and snack time is her favorite.
Every Thursday I get to baby-sit another neighbor's twin girls. Brooklyn and Erin. They are the same age as Morgan, so it is a fun day for all of them. Yesterday because of preschool I had to cart all of the kids to pick up Morgan and Maddie. At the end of class the girls were putting on their coats, when the bell rang for the high school kids to be dismissed. Picture in your mind; Me holding Ian then holding Maddie's hand, Maddie holding Morgan's hand, Morgan holding Brooklyn's hand, and Brooklyn holding Erin's hand...walking down the hall through a sea of teenagers! WATCH OUT! Those girls were not about to move or let go of each other's hand!! The teenagers had to go around us.
When we got to the exit door I noticed that it was hailing! So all six of us were trying to make our way to the car while being pelted by hail! Those little 3 year olds were scared and didn't want to walk fast. So by the time we reached the car we were all COVERED! What a Day!!!
Then I got to take them all home for a day of play. They had a great time!

LEGOS
During naptime Morgan had decided she wanted to play with legos. (We have an old collection from when Pete was a little kid) I told her it was okay if she played somewhere Ian couldn't get to them. She chose the kitchen table.
Well, after naptime Ian saw the legos and figured that if he climbed on a chair, and then up onto his highchair tray, then crossed over to the table...he could then enjoy the legos. ARG. I have a climber on my hands. The other day I found him sitting IN the toilet! HOMEWORK
Everyday my little first grader has homework. She has more homework than I have ever seen. Poor thing. Good thing she understands it and does well.

3 comments:

Laura Call said...

Your blog background is so fun!! I love it! I can't believe how much homework Kylie has in FIRST GRADE! Well, actually I can because even Ethan gets a good amount of it and he's in kindergarten, it's crazy. I guess they have to start them in the habit while they're young, that's what I keep telling myself. Fun for Morgan to go to preschool with high school teachers. I bet they are so fun with the kids.

Laura Call said...

Oh, and that is such a cute picture of Morgan with that big grin and her hands on her hips! I just love it!

Laura Call said...

I am so sorry... I promise this is my last comment on this post! :)

We tagged Kylie!