
I finally finished The Red Tent. I give it three stars. I had a really hard time getting through the middle section. The final 1/3 of the book was great.
The book is a story of Dinah, Daughter of Jacob, Sister of Joseph...the coat of many colors Joseph....
It tells the stories of her mothers and of her life. The hardships of childbirth and of being a woman. I enjoyed the overall story.
1 comment:
We just had a meeting for our ward book club where we were trying to pick some more books for this year. We'd just finished Wuthering Heights (what miserable characters) so we just picked up a copy of the book that had a list of classics in the back and read through them and made notes of the ones we'd like to read. (Next month we're going to read The Importance of Being Earnest.) But we need to get some non-classics in there too. It's hard to pick when you aren't sure what might be appropriate for a church group.
Post a Comment