Friday, April 2, 2010

Robotics Trip

A few weeks ago, Pete and I were able to go to a Robotics Regional Competition in Salt Lake City with some local high school students. The only reason why we were invited was because I work for the office that helps with the funding and such. Anyway it was very impressive.
The students had built robots (about the shape of a red wagon) that could play both offense and defense of a soccer ball type of game.
The evens were held at the University of Utah's main basket ball gym. The music was blaring all weekend long...and over all... it was fun. Hopefully we can go next year.





These glasses were sweet. They actually had red lights inside the rims that blinked on and off.
We left our kids home with grandparents for a long weekend. It was fun being away with my hubby. We had lots of free time to go to a few malls...(Pete kept reminding me that he wasn't one of my sisters...that loves to shop!)...and we ate out A LOT.
We had a great time.

Kristen

2 comments:

Jen and Chad said...

That looks like quite the event to be in U of U's gym! Glad you had a good time. Fun pictures of you and Pete - I love the glasses!

Emily said...

I'll bet it was amazing to see the things kids build. I'm glad you and Pete were able to get away.