Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Kara's Fish Taco recipe

I'm sure you can buy real fish and bread it yourself, but I'm not that talented, nor do I have that much time!

The fish sticks we used were delicious. I cooked them for 10-15 on each side at 425 degrees. They were nice and crunchy. The kind we bought were Gortons, Potato Crunch Fish Fillets.

Sauce:

1/2 cup plain yogurt (I think you could use sour cream as a substitute)

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 lime juice

optional: 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (I did not use this)

optional: 1 tsp mined capers (I did not use this)

1/2 tsp dried oregano

1/2 tsp ground cumin

1/2 tsp dried dill weed

1 tsp ground cayenne pepper (I didn't have this in the cupboard, so we used chili powder.)

When we put this all together we thought it needed salt and pepper.

Then once the fish fillets were cooked we lightly heated some corn tortillas and spread the sauce on the bottom, then layered the fish, shredded cabbage, chopped cilantro, more sauce and fresh lime juice.

Yummmmm.

My mouth is watering as we speak. Enjoy!



Kristen

2 comments:

Kara said...

Serve the tacos with pico de gallo salsa as well.... you made enough changes to the recipe that you should take the credit for it! I found this recipe on the web somewhere, so it really isn't mine. Just one we really like to use!

Leslie said...

Makes my mouth water...too bad we NEVER eat fish in our house! (You'd think someone from Maine would enjoy seafood!)