Friday, March 6, 2009

Book Review

Coming Home by Rosamunde Pilcher
It has been a long time since I started this book. I think I have read at least three or four other books while reading this one.
It started so slow. It is a very large book with tiny print. And the author describes EVERYTHING in such detail. Plus I usually only read when I go to bed...and lately I could only get one or two pages in before I fell sound asleep.
Finally the story started to get interesting. I really enjoyed it.

The story is about a young girl in the late 30's, who's parents have been transferred to Singapore for work. Judith, the girl, stays in England and attends a boarding school. The war starts...she signs up...she falls in love...a couple of times...and is a tremendous help to others. The books spread about 10 years of her life.
I thought it was fun to read...
I recommend it...if you have a lot of time.

ps. This is by the same author who wrote Shell Seekers. ANOTHER FANTASTIC READ
Kristen

2 comments:

gundersens said...

Thanks for leaving me a message, it was fun to see you. Lindsay and I read a lot. We are reading the Fablehaven books right now, we are almost done with the third book. They are kids books. Before that we read the Twilight series, and the Eragon, Eldest, and Brisinger Books. It would be fun to get the old gang together, I wonder how the personalities would mesh. By the time we graduated i wasn't on the best of terms with very many of my friends. I could get Dustin there and am in contact with Dan (he is in Hawaii). I see Tom Tanner a lot, and Scott White. Andrew Black Married my cousin. I have lost touch with everyone else. Anyway, it was fun to see you. Josh

Leslie said...

Too bad you are working this week! Should I be bringing snow clothes or jackets for the boys? Interesting comment above...it really would be fun to see everyone. We are always up for a trip to Idaho.