Here is what you do: grab your camera and take at least 5 random pictures around your house. No cleaning up first, this is your house as is:
Here is some categories you could use:
Room that stays the cleanest
Work in progress
What someone else is doing right now
Favorite decor or display
Something that represents your current life
Favorite relaxing spot
Something hand-me-down
Etc. etc.
Here I Go:
Favorite relaxing spot:
I love these couches. Pete and I purchased these couches even before we were married. He had moved into our apartment a few weeks before the big day and needed something to sit on. They are very very large and supper supper comfy. It's too bad they ended up in my basement, because I rarely get to enjoy them. Instead they are used as trampolines, used to help build forts, and are used to do head-stands...by my girls.
The is my favorite decor or display.
My Sister Kara, and her husband put this clock together for me about 3 Christmas's ago. I love it. I have had so many compliments on it.
the candle holders were picked out after the clock came around to match. I LOVE THEM.
Something hand-me-down:
It seems like everything I have in my new house is hand-me-down...which, I am not complaining about. My house would be very very empty if it weren't for our parents.
My living room furniture was all passed to us. The couch, end tables, and chairs were from Pete's family. And the piano was from My Mom and Dad (she needed an excuse to buy herself a new one.)
The kitchen table and chairs were from Pete' Grandma. When they moved out to Idaho, she moved into a assisted living home...and didn't have any room for her table. We are very lucky to be able to take care of it for her.
Another hand-me-down.... This was my mother-in-law's toy chest when she was a little girl. I use it has a TV stand. I really quite like it.
Or...a work NOT in progress. This room needs the most help. I have painted all of my kids rooms. I have decorated all the other rooms in the house to my liking...but I CAN'T find anything...nor have I tried to find anything to go in my bedroom. It's pretty sad
This is my favorite thing in the house. I love the cabinet and the mirror above it. This is the one thing I bought for myself when we moved into the house....and the mirror was a gift from Luke and Leslie when Pete and I got married.
I hope you enjoyed this tour of my house.
I couldn't take very many random shots...because I did this on a Saturday and my house was A HUGE HUGE MESS!!!
I tag Marci Ward, Laura Call, Kara Ferney, Brooke Smith, and Melissa Turley
5 comments:
I love how you decorate Kristen. Very cute house.
Kris, this is a hard one for me.... since our "nicest" stuff doesn't belong to us. And because we are moving soon, I never felt the desire to really decorate. I did just clean, so if I took pictures, at least our home wouldn't have clutter!
It was SO fun getting a glimpse of your house... I love it!!! I love how you have your mantle decorated, it looks really nice... I love clocks and candle holders! I also absolutely love the black cabinet with the mirror above it... love the whole look of it!
I really would enjoy doing this fun little tag but our house is so undecorated right now it would be LAME! Maybe I'll come back to it and do this once I get some more stuff up and done around my house... it'll be good motivation!
I'm glad I've actually seen your house so I can remember where everything is. THis is a fun tag. I don't know if I dare do it without cleaning first! I remember when you bought the green couches. I love that cabinet under the pub mirror too.
Thanks for participating Kristen. I didn't know you love clocks. I am like you and have a lot of hand-me-downs.
Post a Comment