Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Finished Product!!

Okay...so after three LONG days...I finally finished the girls' rooms.

Morgan's room was all white with pink curtains. So now it is has pink walls with a stenciled border around the top. It turned out very cute. It is very princessy. She loves it.

MORGAN'S ROOM BEFORE
AFTER
I TOOK THE PICTURES BEFORE I MOVED THE STUFF BACK IN
Kylie is the one that has wanted to paint her room since she moved into it last spring. Kylie's room was all white with bright striped curtains. Her favorite color is yellow so you can guess the color she picked. I had to put my foot down on the brightness of the wall color, but I let her add the bright yellow and bright orange in circles stenciled onto the wall. It turned out really fun and I think its a pretty cool room for a second grader.
KYLIE'S ROOM BEFORE
AFTER
Maybe Kylie needs a new bedspread. The cute pastels just don't match the yellow!
Ian keeping himself occupied while I painted

I hope they don't want a change in a long long time. My arms are tired.
Kristen

6 comments:

Laura Call said...

I absolutely love it!! Both rooms look great... nice job, Kristen! I especially love the stenciled border and the circle stencils... those are so much fun!

Oh, and Ian, seriously what a ham! I love it!

The Freed Family said...

Wow, I can't believe you finished them both. They look great. Thanks for the good "before and after" pictures. I have never tried to stencil before. Is it hard or time consuming? I bet they love their new rooms. Color adds a lot, and like I said before...there is nothing like a new coat of paint.

Emily said...

Your girls' rooms look great!!! I especially like the circles, so cute and bright! I need to paint Sean and Troy's room super bad. I just need the ambition to do it.

Kara said...

Looks good! I'm impressed.

Emily said...

Those rooms look so great! I can't believe you did it! Did you have a circle stensil? They were both totally awesome!

Veronique said...

WOW! looks great kristen. My favorite is Ian though, what a ham.