Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pioneer Woman


While I am surfing the world wide web I usually check the Pioneer Woman blog. The blog belongs to a stay-at-home, home-schooling, mom out in the middle of Oklahoma. She does such a great job with her blog, that she has won awards for it.
I don't know why I am so fascinated with it. I think it's because it is so entertaining.
The other day I found the story of how she met her husband, fell in love, and married him. It was so fun to read. It was like reading a short novel. I love the way she calls him marlboro man.
She also writes about her kids. This last post was so cute, I wish my kids lived on a ranch.
And then there is her cooking. She is a great cook. She has published a cookbook that is coming out this fall. I have given Pete strict instructions that I want it for Christmas.
Anyway...I know that is a bit odd that I ramble on about a woman I don't know...but if it's good-wholesome entertainment, why not share. (Pete just rolls his eyes.)
Kristen

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I've stumbled on that blog a few times, but now I think I'll bookmark it so I can read it more often.

Finished the primary program today. Sigh of relief!

Kara said...

Which recipes do you make?

Jana said...

Kristen - I went on her site, and you're right! She is such a great writer. I've already read about 5 installments about her meeting Marlboro Man. Very entertaining. :)