This past week I started a new job.
I am the new Administrative Assistant for the Professional Technical Education Department for 5 districts.
In a nut shell....any of the technical classes, like EMT, Welding, Automotive, or Culinary classes that are offered to high school students are under this department.
It's like taking college classes during high school. They get college credit or even their certification through these classes. Kids can take these classes in their own school, a neighboring school, or at a local technical college. The districts cover the cost...which is unlike being in college.
After working here I would say to most kids, "DO IT!" Where can you get college credit for free. Most of our students are seniors so it works out really well.
So far so good. I am learning a lot. Its nice having my own desk, cell phone, and PDA that come with the job. Benefits are pretty nice too.
Kristen
6 comments:
so happy!!!
Sounds like a good job. I hope you enjoy it as much as you enjoyed your other job. What are your hours now? Has Pete ever found a job?
Wow Kristen-the job sounds awesome-especially the perks! Hope the kids are doing great-miss you guys!
Sounds right up your alley. Hope you enjoy it!
Good for you Kristen! That sounds like a pretty intense job to me! I'm glad you are liking it. Does Morgan start Kindergarten this year?
wow it sounds busy. It seems really great though. congrats!
Post a Comment