Monday, March 15, 2010

Friends Retreat


This past weekend I was able to go down to Utah for a "friends retreat". Eight of us met in Perry, UT at Emily (Nye) Stiver's house. We ate, laughed, ate some more, told old and new stories...and realized that no matter how long it has been since we have seen each other, We are STILL BEST FRIENDS.
I was so lucky to have such great friends growing up. I really do believe that if you have good friends, you will have an "easier" teenage experience.
I was lucky.
These ladies are all great women. They are excellent in everything they do. Most of them are fulltime mothers. They are raising beautiful children. We counted....there are 29 children between the 8 of us. WOW!!!
There were a lot more than these girls that I considered my best friends growing up. You all know who you are. We missed you.
Thanks Emily, Leslie, Sunny, Jana, Jen, Brook, and Jana. I had a fantastic time!!!!
Kristen

6 comments:

The Freed Family said...

Thanks Kristen. That was really sweet. You are still so fun....after all these years. The picture of you in the suburban on my blog where you are looking out the back with all the shopping bags is such a classic "Kristen" picture! I love it! It truly shows your fun personality! I love the page you scrap-booked, too!

Leslie said...

Um...thank you for not cropping the bed head picture closer.

It was so good to see you. Just like Jana said, you are always the life of the party. It wouldn't have been the same without you.

Laura Call said...

What a blast!!

Rhonda said...

I feel exactly the same way about our high school friends - they made the teenaged years sooooo much easier than they could have been! Sad I missed it but happy you had a great time!

Jen and Chad said...

It was so great to see you! You are such an amazing girl Kristen. I am so blessed to have you for a friend. Thanks for e-mailing and getting back in touch. Hope you had fun going to Utah again a few days later.

You are so photogenic - you look so good in all the pictures we took.

Chris and Kim said...

YOu all look so cute!! Looks like you had a lot of fun - I wish I could of been there.